- Banjiro Uemura founded TFC in Tokyo, Japan as a dub house for foreign language TV programs.
- Begins a distribution division.
- Starts producing original TV dramas.
- Opens TV commercial production division.
- Distributes hit British TV series, "Thunderbirds".
- Produces a commercial whose catch phrase becomes an overnight sensation.
- Founds TV-Technica Inc. to provide audio-mixing & video-editing services. Starts Video Graph to market video, audio and film media.
- Acquires National Azabu Supermarket and builds it into a leading retail merchandiser.
- Opens New York office, expanding international operations.
- Distributes Sir Richard Attenborough's epic wartime drama, "A Bridge Too Far" to huge box office success.
- Produces an Emmy Award winning TV miniseries and its spin-off feature film, "SHOGUN", in partnership with Paramount Pictures, TV Asahi and Toho.
- Begins operation of full-service video production division.
- Opens Cente Service Corp. in Los Angeles to expand production and acquisition base in U.S.
- Opens computer graphics production unit in Tokyo,one of the first of its kind in Asia.Acquires Nibankohboh Productions Corp. to expand commercial production capability.
- Begins satellite broadcast operations, with Star Channel, as a joint venture with MGM, Paramount and Universal.
Begins sales promotion operations.
Founds Den-en Supermarket in Tokyo.
- Founds Omnibus Japan Inc.
Acquires Japan Color Movie Co., Inc.
- Introduces Super Channel, a foreign TV drama channel.
Produces animated feature film "Patlabor" to huge success in Japan.
Establishes Todoroki Satellite Center, a state-of-the-art satellite transmission facility.
- Japan Color Movie Co., Inc. becomes Nitten Alti Creatives.
- Digital Egg Inc. begins operation as a joint venture with Dentsu Group.
- Produces TV commercial "Nissin Cup Noodle: Hungry?" series, which wins the Cannes Grand Prix, IBA, Clio and other major international advertising awards.
- Founds Visual-Techno Academy, a renowned media education institution.
Playboy Channel Japan begins operation as a partnership with Playboy Entertainment.
Family Theater Channel begins broadcasting.
- Tohokushinsha Creates Inc. commences operation.
- Classica Japan Channel begins operation.
- Produces theatrical feature "Nagasaki Burabura Bushi".
Produces theatrical movie "Party 7".
Produces TV drama "Eien no Ko", which wins the Best Drama Award at ATP.
Opens new video production facilities at Omnibus Japan Inc.
- The History Channel Japan starts operation with partner A&E Television Networks.
Co-produces record-breaking theatrical blockbuster, "Spirited Away".
Produces hit theatrical movie "Onmyoji" (The Yin-Yang Master), the highest grossing live-action movie of the year.
Co-founds production info site, On Bit Corp.
- Completes new headquarters building in Akasaka, Tokyo.
Omnibus Japan TFC Studio Center begins operation.
Listed on the JASDAQ stock market.
- Completes Omnibus Japan new headquarters studio (e-cinema)in Akasaka, Tokyo.
- Founds two advertising production houses,Thermal Corp. and TFC Plus Corp.The Cinema begins operation.
- Omnibus Japan Shimbashi Video Center begins operation.
- Co-founds White Box Co.,Ltd.
- LIFT Corp. is formed by merging Nitten Alti Creatives and Thermal Corp.
- Opens Todoroki Studio & Library in Setagaya, Tokyo.
©TOHOKUSHINSHA FILM CORPORATION,
All RIGHTS RESERVED.